The media player is controlled by connecting to the Raspberry Pi with browser.
Think it takes about half an hour to build.
This is what you need:
- Raspberry Pi
- Power adapter
- Steelsquid Kiss OS
- HDMI cable
- Monitor or TV :-)
- Web browser on phone or other computer
- Raspberry Pi Cases (optional)
- WiFI usb dongle (optional)
Install Steelsquid Kiss OS on the sd-card
Connect up the Raspberry Pi
- Slide in the SD-card into the Raspberry PI
- Put the Raspberry Pi into the case...
- Connect the LAN cable to the Raspberry Pi
- Connect any WIFI dongle.
- Connect power adapter to boot Steelsquid Kiss OS
Connect to WIFI
When the Steelsquid boots (takes about 15 seconds) the IP number will show on the screen.
- Use that IP in you web browser: http://192.168.0.109 and select Wireless network.
- I think the interface is self-explanatory.
- When you are done the LAN cable can be removed.
Connect to Network drive
You can connect to a NAS with Windows share or SSH.
- Select SSH network share (I think the interface is self-explanatory.)
- Windows network share (I think the interface is self-explanatory.)
If you connect a USB drive it will be mounted to /media (/root/Media)
Enable the Media Player
- In the Black TOP menu select Media Player
Then press Enable Media Plyer
I think the interface is self-explanatory.
Click on a movie and it will play on the screen....